Ontario’s chief medical officer of health Dr. Kieran Moore said on Thursday that the province will be taking a “slow and steady approach” to the removal of COVID-19 public health measures over time “based on the data at hand.”
“We will not be doing this suddenly. This will be slow, gradual and cautious, following data like we’ve been doing for the last year and a half,” he said.
Moore added that possible virus spread from the Thanksgiving weekend also needs to be monitored over the coming weeks.
Moore also told reporters that benchmarks for recommending that restaurant restrictions can be lifted include the total number of COVID-19 cases on a daily basis, the impact on the hospital sector, and test positivity rates.
Ontario reported 417 COVID-19 cases on Thursday, and three deaths.
For more info, please go to
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE:
Like Global News on Facebook HERE:
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE:
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE:
#Ontario #COVID19 #GlobalNews