If you are looking for sponsorship in Australia, are you aware that it is possible to emigrate to Australia if you are a thriving business owner under the age of 55? Called the State/Territory Sponsorship For Business Skills Applicants, this visa is a specific category for successful business people and caters for either a provisional or sponsored entry to Australia. So, how easy is it to take your business skills to Australia?
This sponsorship category is a slightly more flexible visa which allows individual state and territory governments to entice and sponsor overseas businesses. Sponsorship is a way to encourage business owners to set up shop in the low population growth and regional areas, bringing the benefits of increased wealth and prosperity as well as competitive commercial activity and additional services to the Australian economy.
This means you can take your business skills to Australia if you are happy to emigrate to one of these areas and will be involved in: developing links with overseas markets, aiding local employment, exporting Australian goods or services, manufacturing or providing goods/services not already available or introducing new technology.
Taking this route enables you to receive either sponsorship or a temporary visa for an initial four years (until level of business is demonstrated) which will not need to be points tested. Permanent residence can be applied for after two years. In a nutshell this visa option includes the following:
To apply for the Business skills Provisional Visa to take your established business skills to Australia, you need to demonstrate the following:
* notification to the State regional authority your business history and intentions
* that you have had ownership interest in one or more businesses
* that you have had minimum annual turnovers of A$500,000 pa in the business for 2 of the last 4 years
* that you have at least A$800,000 in business and personal assets for the establishing of a new business
* that you are under 45 at the time of application
To apply for State/Territory Sponsorship if you are older than 45 but under 55, you can take your established business skills to Australia if you can demonstrate the following:
* you can provide evidence of a successful career in business
* that you have had ownership of 30-51% in one or more businesses
* that you have had a minimum annual turnover of A$300,000 pa in the business for 2 of the last 4 years
* that you have had continuous business employment for at least 4 years before applying
* that you can demonstrate high level manager skills
* that you have personal and business assets of at least A$500,000 available to start a new business
Sponsorship in Australia is available via other categories, and not just for Business Skills applicants. It may be possible to find work for a period of time before being in a position to establish your own business in Australia.
If you would like to emigrate to Australia but can’t demonstrate all of the above, don’t forget to contact us at JobContinental to find out if your skills currently fit one of our other sponsored nomination posts. JobContinental have partnered with an Australian recruitment agency who do all the hard work for us by providing thousands of jobs within the energy and natural resources industry. They also provide their own Government sponsored immigration agents to take over the entire visa process for successful candidates. I hope you now know how to take your business skills to Australia!