Spotify has launched its long-awaited real-time lyrics feature globally after its earlier release to only a limited selection of countries.
Spotify released the feature on Thursday and claimed that it will offer lyrics for “over 8 million” titles and they are provided by Musixmatch.
Spotify said that the lyrics will be accessible on basically every platform where Spotify has an app. This includes iOS, Android, desktop computers, gaming consoles, and smart TVs and the feature is available to both free and premium listeners.
“Lyrics are available to all Free and Premium users globally across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles and TV so that millions of fans can connect with the music and artists they love on an even deeper level.”
Steps on how to find the lyrics as Spotify instructed:
- Tap on the “Now Playing View” on a song.
- While listening, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll see track lyrics that scroll in real-time as the song is playing!
- To share, simply tap the “Share” button at the bottom of the lyrics screen and then select the lyrics you want to share—and where you want to share it—via third-party platforms.
How to find the lyrics on the Spotify desktop app
- From the “Now Playing” bar, click on the microphone icon while a song is playing.
- Voila! You’ll see track lyrics that scroll in real-time while the song plays.
How to find the lyrics on the SpotifyTV app
- Open the “Now Playing View” on a song.
- Navigate to the right corner to the “lyrics button” and select if you want to enable Lyrics.
- Once enabled, you’ll see the lyrics in the “Now Playing” View.