African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Interpreter (French), CHLS2
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50001502
- The Corporate Services and Human Resources Vice-Presidency (CHVP) ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of the Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurement, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department / Division
- The primary role of the Language Services Department is to ensure, as required by the Bank’s Agreement, the accessibility in the two working languages of the Bank (English and French, and on occasion Arabic and Portuguese) of all issues and documents submitted to the Senior Management and governing bodies of the Bank, for efficient decision-making aimed at the achievement of the Bank’s mission.
- The Interpretation Division (CHLS.2) provides interpretation services for all statutory bodies of the Bank (Boards of Governors, Boards of Directors and their subsidiary organs), various organizational units of the Banks, as well as for meetings co-organized by the Bank with external stakeholders and development partners.
- Under the guidance of the Manager of the Interpretation Division, the Senior Interpreter (French) will provide faithful, appropriate and well-delivered interpretation at various meetings and functions of the Bank Group and generally contribute to enhanced communication within the Bank as well as between Bank officials and other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide faithful, appropriate and well-delivered interpretation into French (simultaneous, consecutive and other modes) at various meetings and functions of the Bank Group (interviews, induction, on-boarding, seminars, training sessions and engagements with other international organizations and stakeholders of the Bank Group, among others);
- Provide as and when required, accurate and quality interpretation into English;
- Carry out terminology research and prepare glossaries on general emerging themes;
- Contribute to the preparation of special glossaries on Bank Group Annual Meetings;
- Cover study tours of Senior Advisers and Advisers to Regional Member Countries;
- Perform any other duties within his/her area of competence as may be assigned by the Division Manager.
- At least a Master’s Degree in Conference Interpreting or a related field;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant practical working experience as an interpreter. Experience in an international organization will be an asset;
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English and French. Ability to interpret into the ‘B’ language(s) will be an advantage;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- Ability to carry out terminology research and prepare glossaries on a wide range of themes;
- Ability to interact with clients of the Division;
- Good knowledge of the use of Bank’s standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Application Closing Date
9th July, 2020.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
- This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions. the post holder will be considered a short-term staff (local staff)
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.
Popular Jobs this Week
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Freight Forward Company Limited
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Renmoney
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Cross River State Ministry of Aviation (22 Positions)
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Machineyard.com.ng
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Omnibiz Africa
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Aymie Staffing Solutions
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Griffiths Schools
Submit CVs – New Recruitment at Arit of Africa Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Lighting Finance Technology Nigeria Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at Chibek Instruments Limited
Submit CVs – Latest Recruitment at One Acre Fund
Apply for this Job